This plugin searches and gets the listings for live streaming videos from a 3rd party site, sourced primarily from Justin.tv, UStream and other locations around the internet. You get the resolution provided by the stream source. Start times for the stream are listed on the folder for the Eastern timezone.
You can add your favorite Justin.tv or UStream.tv channels to a "User Queue" in the PlayOn Live "Options" UI (User Interface) in the Settings Manager.Features:
Expect Playon Live to find most every live sporting event, if it has a stream on the internet:
- Martial Arts (MMA, Sumo, Judo, Karate,...)
- Auto Racing (Nascar, Grand Prix,...)
- Soccer (College, World Cup, US, International,...)
- Football (NFL-CFL, College,...)
- Baseball (MLB, College, Little League World Series,...)
- BasketBall (NBA, WNBA, International,...)
- Hockey(NHL, AHL, International,...)
- Pro Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ECW, Special Events,...)
- Olympics (Winter 2010)
- ...and much more!
- 3 +/- Movie Channels,
- Movie Lounge (Live)
- Movie Madness (Live)
- The Movie Channel (Live)
- 7 +/- Major Networks,
- ABC (Live)
- NBC (Live)
- ESPN HD (Live)
- ESPN Deportes (Live)
- Sky Sports (Live)
- NFL Network (Live)
- The Weather Channel (Live)
- 7 +/- Series Channels (back to back episodes),
- Cosby Show (Live)
- Family Guy (Live)
- Frasier (Live)
- Friends (Live)
- King of Queens (Live)
- South Park (Live)
- Two And A Half Men (Live)
- ...and much more!
The selection is ever changing, sometimes every few minutes! As streams become available, are scheduled, or are removed, the main menu updates. If you see a menu, There is content scheduled or available for the topic.
...Of course, you can always find your own streams on Justin.tv or Ustream and add them directly to your "User Queue" if you don't want to wait for the plugin to find the streams...Tips:
- You should uncheck "Always process entire video" in the PlayOn Settings Manager or you may have issues starting new streams.
Technique 1: If you try 3 times and keep getting the same 3 second clip, then it freezes, leave the menu, go back out to PlayOn Live then re-enter the topic submenu and try the stream again.
Technique 2: "Restart" the desired stream a few times to cache enough of the stream to start, (NOT "Resume").
The plugin menu updates every 2 minutes to make sure the menus you get are fresh. If the channel is not on the air, the plugin will show a test pattern thumbnail (and play a test pattern video!).
Most via UStream and via Justin.tv streams show an ever changing thumbnail snapshot of whats playing live each time you reload the menu. Each stream is set to 4 hours."Options" UI (User Interface):
The [Options] button can be found in the Setting Manager > plugins tab > PlayOn Live. It allows you to add links from any Justin.tv or UStream channel.
The add channel "Options" UI will check your links before you add them to the "User Queue" and give you the current channel status.Status can be:
- "Online" - Actively streaming now.
- "Offline" - Valid account, but not streaming now.
- "+18" - Adult content. The plugin will allow the stream, but will warn when you add the channel
- "Content Removed" - Copyright holder requested removal. Temporarily interrupted. Allowed.
- "TOS Violation" - Terms of Service Violation. Channel suspended.
- "Unavailable" - Channel does not exist or was cancelled by the owner.
- "Access Code Required" - Password required before access is granted. Currently not supported. Add these when the status changes back to an allowed status.
Justin.tv or UStream.tv links are the "http://" address of the live video channel you want to add. You can also copy from the Justin.tv page where there is a "Link" panel.
You do not have to be a member of Justin.tv or UStream.tv to use this plugin.
If status changes on the channel after it's in the plugin, you will be alerted appropriately when you go to that channel.
- Known Issues:
- Wii owners may experience memory issues with lives streams.
- Ustream and Freedocast are not 100% reliable yet. Check out "Stubborn streams?" topic in tips below.
- Justin.tv and UStream.tv links cannot be to a password protected stream.
- You can "Play", (briefly)"Pause", "Stop" or "Restart" a stream, there is no "Rewind", "Skip", "Fast Forward" or "Resume"
- The streamer may say the channel is one thing, but stream something else, or make it available before or after the scheduled time. This is the streamers decision, not the plugins.
Stop the PlayOn server and close the Settings Manager if open.
To install the plugin, simply place the ".plugin" file into "..\Program Files\MediaMall\plugins", ("..\Program Files (x86)\MediaMall\plugins\" in 64-bit versions).
Restart the server.